11.20.2010

day # 5...

Today's day # 5 topic in the 30-day blogpost challenge is...
"Favorite Quote" [I'm adding Lyrics as well]

Ugh. This is a TOUGH one. You people that know me know that I have lots of favorites of everything. And quotes&lyrics are no exception. I will list several random ones that come to mind:
 "...according to the kind intention of His will..." - Ephesians 1:5
"If music be the food of love, play on..." - W. Shakespeare

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you notMarianne Williamson [famously quoted by Nelson Mandela]
to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."  -by

All of Psalm 27

"Truly He taught us to love one another, His law is love and His gospel is peace. 
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother. And in his name all oppression shall cease. 
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, With all our hearts we praise His holy name. 
Christ is the Lord! His power and glory ever more proclaim!" -O Holy Night [I love the version by Seven Day Jesus]

"In the dark while I was dreaming/ shadows cast by shame/ a tongue of fire was calling out my name/ I found no rest till all was taken/ burned up in the flames/ with nothing left I saw what I became/ It took the fire to save my soul/ it took the fire to change me/ glory show in the ashes blowin away/... all hail to the Fire Maker who takes back my grief/ wash my hands/ and still my disbelief..."

and the list goes on and on and on and on. :)


What's YOUR favorite quote??

-Linds



No comments:

Post a Comment