9.23.2010

Jeremiah 31

I love this little piece of scripture...
"Thus says the Lord 'The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness, -Israel, when it went to find its rest.' The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness. Again I will build you and you will be rebuilt! Again you will take up your tambourines, and go forth to the dances of the merrymakersAgain you will plant vineyards On the hills of Samaria; The planters will plant and will enjoy them.'"  -Jeremiah 31:2-5 nasb [italics added]

All about restoration, hope, joy. And God's power, love, & faithfulness.
Good stuff!
I could go on and on about these three verses because they are so full of the nature of God. And there is a lot of personal meaning for me here, as well.
But I'm going to leave it at that for today.
What do you think when you read God's promise: "Again I will build you and you will be rebuilt!" ?

Here's a screenshot of "rebuild" in the dictionary. Powerful word.
from dictionary.com
Have an awesome day!
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment